Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The lake

Many years ago, when the earth was young, and the world still cool, I spent some time near a lake. And every weekend, I'd get to go to stay at the lake with friends who had a cottage there. Second family, really.
This spring, I had a chance to visit again, and I have been meaning to post these photos for quite a while now. But given that there was snow on the ground, and the lake was still frozen, I really couldn't post them when it was still hitting 20 Celsius here. Tonight, however, it is supposed to hit freezing here, and I finally feel that I can post them. So, here is where I did a lot of growing up.....

Yours, nostalgically,
N.






9 comments:

kenju said...

It looks lovely, but I don't want to see any snow until much later in the season!!

Michele says hi.

BreadBox said...

Ah well, the lake is in Canada -- and it was in April -- which may explain the snow:-)

N.

flleenie said...

Great pictures, the snow reminds me of home.

Michele sent me.

Melody said...

Oooo Wow!

How lovely are those shots? Considering I live in the tropics of Australia I don't get to see snow that often! *heehee*

Thanks for sharing, Michele sent me today.

awareness said...

Lake George? The second pic looks like that to me.

Great photos....The whole area of lakes is so beautiful and hardly touched in comparison to other "cottage country" areas I have experienced in Ontario.

I love the landscape of NB.....and love the time I get to drive in and around the area.

It did freeze a wee bit here yesterday, but so far things have been quite balmy. I still have my Mums and sedum blossoming in my garden. How amazing is that? however, we all know that the freeze monster is lurking closeby.....

courtney said...

Oooh, pretty. Michele sent me to marvel at the landscape today.

Geggie said...

Hi there...Michele sent me. Your photos are beautiful!

Star said...

Looks beautiful, but cold! I am a warm weather person.

Cornish Dreamer said...

All of that snow: it looks amazing, and what a wonderful place. Some lovely pictures N.

Still no end to the heat then?

We've got a storm heading our way, with severe weather warnings on the east coast. Looks like autumn is being a little wrathful. Still, it's quite comforting being inside in the warmth.

RT