Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I love cooking

and most of the time I love food too --- but sometimes.....

This evening we went over to friends to eat: friends who seem to make a concerted effort not to come over here to eat (we live about twenty minutes apart, which makes it just inconvenient enough to be a pain). But they are friends, and their son and Skibo are close in age and friends, and Boo likes him too, so we like going over there, even if they won't come over here.

But the food. If I may call it that. Meatballs from a frozen meatball bag: tomato sauce from a jar, and pasta, cooked to al-soggie. Oh, and garlic bread, from a bag, from the store. Such a shame.

Oh well, we had fun anyway:-) And the food fed my rumbly tumbly, the stomach sounds which help keep the monsters away for the children, so some good may come of it all....

Yours, with a rumbly tumbly,
N.

6 comments:

alice c said...

I know exactly how you feel. You begrudge putting rubbish like that in your mouth. I am lucky enough to have a husband with no taste buds who will eat anything which compensates for my selective eating disorder.

Cornish Dreamer said...

I'm guessing they don't read or know about your blog!! It's a shame that some people don't spend as much time preparing food. Personally, my stomach can't cope with chemical-rich, nutrient-poor supermarket food, so it's a bit of a leap of faith going to friends' houses to eat.

I always go with the philosophy that I feed my guests better than I would feed myself (if that makes sense), but not everyone has the money or time. Anyway, I find it's the company that counts more than the food.

RT

Unknown said...

I hope they don't read this!

They might not have your culinary expertise or your discerning palette, but they invited you into their home and made a meal for you.

awareness said...

We have close friends who can't cook a darn thing without it tasting like pablum. However I always make sure I invite first...... If it can't be avoided, I always remember the adage that red wine "gladdens the heart" oh, and helps deaden the palette. :)

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Homemade food is always so much better than store-bought.

Teena in Toronto said...

If you love cooking you should check out Holly's December Christmas Challenge.