Monday, July 2, 2007

Food, finally

Well, I finally managed to get down to preparing some of the food for Wednesday:
yesterday, as I said, I got the hummus out of the way: this evening I rolled out the (pre-prepared) puff pastry, and locally produced sausage for sausage rolls: I've also got the marinade cooling down for the ribs and chicken (cider vinegar, grapefruit juice, ginger, garlic, molasses, brown sugar, soy sauce, mustard, ketchup: simmered to reduce for a while then left to cool: marinate at least overnight in the fridge). So I've made some progress. Since I would usually just do everything on the day, I'm probably well ahead of schedule, even though it feels like the reverse, given that we had intended to give ourselves an easier time of it on Wednesday!

That's life. We will get it done in time, it's just a question of when.

Yours, or at least I'll try to be sometime in the future,
N.

No comments: