Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Flooding update

As of this evening, the river downstream of Windsor has not yet flooded. This is good, except that it was not apparently expected to flood until tomorrow. Apparently, they built the "Jubilee River" around Windsor to protect the (historically hugely important) towns of Windsor and Eton, and this is threatening to make the flooding in Datchet, Old Windsor and Wraysbury somewhat worse.
So, for now I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and planning to call parents in the morning to see how the waters are waving.

Any additional finger crossing by my blogfriends would be appreciated!

Yours, fingers, toes, eyes and nose crossed,
N.

2 comments:

Cornish Dreamer said...

I'm keeping my fingers, toes and eyes crossed for your parents N.

Yesterday the weather down here cleared within about 2 hours and was sunny. So while I was on my day off, I had a hope that the good weather would head up that way too.

BreadBox said...

RT: thanks: see the post two above this one for some better news today: the flood warning has been downgraded to a flood watch.

N.