Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Arthurian legends continue

As of now, my yeast and all from King Arthur are on their way. They sent me a tracking number last Friday, as I mentioned a couple of days ago --- and when you send me a tracking number, I know what to do with it! Obsessively, compulsively, at least once a day, click on the link, enter the tracking number and read the output. Or in the case of KA, just click on the link in the email, which includes the tracking number (this is nice: saves an extra cut-and-paste).
Sunday, after bemoaning the state of Arthurian deliveries, I checked the status again: and this time, progress had been made! It had already made it to the "sortation center" about two hours from here! On Sunday morning! Why, this surely meant it would be delivered on Monday.
Well, Monday rolled around, and when I got home, LOML informed me that we had had three packages delivered that day, and that one of them was for me. And sure enough, there it was.

The cheese making kit.

About which I am absolutely delighted, I must admit. I nearly made mozzarella yesterday, but will probably put it off until tomorrow. I want to investigate the way to make ricotta from the whey first, as we have a batch of (fake, just beef) bolognese-style sauce which I made on Sunday, and are planning a lasagna with it: and it struck me that if I make the mozzarella, and I make the ricotta, and I make the pasta.... Why, next year, all I need to do is start growing mushrooms, and raise a cow, and it can really be an all from scratch recipe! Well, for all from scratch, I may have to make it vegetarian.

[ Breadbox collapses in a puddle of over-achieving home-made-i-ness ]

And the yeast? Apparently, according to this morning's check, it is still sitting in the "sortation center". What sort of a word is that? Why can't they use English, and call it what it is, a deep-storage facility?

Yours, awaiting,
N.

1 comment:

Beckie said...

The cheese making kit sounds very interesting. Keep us posted on that one.