Sunday, July 29, 2007

Arthurian legends

I am a big fan of King Arthur flour, and of their internet/catalogue shop in general: I buy yeast (SAF gold) from them regularly, at ridiculously low prices (I buy a pound for what I could buy an ounce for in the supermarket in packet form!) I like the fact that they stock danish breadwhisks (or brotpicks).
However, their shipping leaves a little to be desired.
I placed an order on Tuesday last week, admittedly, after the close of business (okay, at 8:30 pm), so let's call it Wednesday morning. At 9am on Wednesday I got an acknowledgement: but by Thursday evening there was no shipping notice yet: I emailed on Friday afternoon, and finally, on Friday evening, I got a notice that it had shipped. With an expected delivery date of next Saturday. Yes, a full 11 days after ordering!
Now, once, a while ago, years ago, this would have been acceptable, usual business practice. For a company with a marginal web/catalogue presence, this would be acceptable still. But for a company as catalogue and net-dependent as King Arthur? Let's just say, it's hardly pulling a sword out of a stone.

I will continue to buy from them -- without trepidation -- but at the same time, I am very disappointed. And since I will continue to buy from them, I feel a need to express my disappointment in a vaguely public fashion.

KA: please, if you are reading this, please improve your shipping!

Yours, resentful,
N.

2 comments:

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Michele sent me.

You could write a letter. Be positive about it and all, make sure you say how much you use and enjoy their product, then ask if they could take a look at your situation and their shipping in general.

Bernie said...

I know how you feel...

I ordered and PAID for a book when we bought a doll from a Gallary. This was in MAy. We are still waiting, and in fact, I will call them now and get them to refund it I think...

Here from MIchele's today!!!