Tuesday, July 17, 2007

What are the important things in life?

There are some obvious ones --- and no less important for that: family, friends, enough to eat, and a roof over your head, health. And less obvious but still important ones, such as job satisfaction, a sense of purpose, of belonging, and for many, of a deity.
Those are not the things I mean. They are big things. What I mean, is, what are the important little things: the things that you can get along with on a daily basis, even longer, but would really put a hurting on you if you had to do without for a sustained period of time.
I'm thinking, for me, bread. (Well, yes, you expected that.) (And if you've read some of my earlier posts, you'd know that that is how I came to learn to make bread....) I'd also place music right up there. And salt. Salt is pretty important. Just as in the fairy tale.

How about you?
Yours, in inquisition,
N.

4 comments:

Janet said...

hmmm...now that you mention it, I DO have some job satisfaction, for the first time in 10 years! I recently resigned from one aspect of my job and it was the BEST thing I ever did!!!

I, too, wouldn't like to go without salt. I'm more of a savory person than a sweet person, but I recently discovered salty chocolate...oh to die for!

Hi, Michele sent me :-)

alice c said...

It is impossible to live without beautiful china. Preferably blue and white. I suppose that I could cope if it was white and superbly designed. But my idea of hell is a holiday home with horrible, chipped china. Maybe not matching. Aaaargh - I feel nauseous just thinking about it.

Thanks for your kind comment - I see you are a bb fan too.

Anonymous said...

for me, fabric. the feel of it, the color, how I can cut it up and join it with others of its kind and make something wonderful...

thanks for stopping by today.

the song from the shower

"Yakkity Yak" (don't talk back!)Auntie :)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Music...YES! Chocolate...yes!
And many other things, too....My cat, for instance....And the ART on my walls and in my fingers, too!

Great question!
Thanks for your visit and your lovely words, too!