Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Going swimmingly

This afternoon we managed to steal a few hours of idyllic pleasures --- LOML and I took Boo and Skibo to the local outdoor pool: it was far busier than I had seen it before, but that may just be a consequence of just how nice an afternoon it was: it was hot, but not horribly so, and while the sunlight was extremely bright (almost uncomfortably so at times) it didn't feel like I was getting burned: and now, hours later, I don't feel like a lobster. And with how I am able to lobstrify myself, this is a good thing!
Boo is doing amazingly well: she can swim with her head under water for several seconds over and over again. Skibo is not quite that good yet, but then he is nearly two years younger! He consistently puts his head under the water, and will essentially swim that way so long as he has hold of my hand. I think that in the future they are both going to be fish!
Now we just have to decide how many swimming pools to join!

Yours, toweled dry,
N.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Michele sent me! Congrats on being Site of the Day.

"Lobstrify"...that's a word I am stealing.

Is that ok?

kenju said...

All my children were water babies from an early age, and it made me happy to watch and play with them in the water. Congrats on being the site of the day. MIchele sent me.

Bernie said...

Water Babies... I think that this is great!!!

However, they had better not been seen in upcoming Olympics, however if so, us Aussies will beat them!!! lol lol lol

Congrats on the site of the day as well. Here from Michele's today...

MaR said...

Sounds like a wonderful and splashy afternoon! Loved your "toweled dry" :)
congrats on being Michele's SOTD, Breadbox!!

Bobkat said...

Michele sent me to say hi!

It's great that they are not afraid of the water adn have taken to it so well. Going swimming was always such a treat for me as a kid :)

Congrats on being the site of the day!

Laura McIntyre said...

A fun day out sounds fun