Friday, July 13, 2007

Allegro, con brioche!

Off to the kitchen, to do some brioche-making (well, a couple of steps in the middle of the process). The recipe, as with the mixed starter bread of a couple of days ago, is from the wonderful Baking with Julia: it starts with some warm milk, yeast and an egg: mix in some flour, top with more flour, and let proof. Then add eggs, sugar, flour, knead for ages, add butter slowly, knead for ages, let rise, fold, let rise in the fridge overnight....

Tomorrow morning early, I'll shape the loaves, then bake in time to make french toast with it later (it would be better if it were a little stale, but I didn't have the time/space/energy/other physical quanties yesterday to make it!)

Yours, lento
N.

5 comments:

Theo said...

i never do have the patience for baking. i admire yours.

Michele sent me. i'm glad i stopped by. i loe the smell of bread baking!!!

Anonymous said...

I only love baking cakes. Other cooking...

*looks Heavenwards"

Michele sent me to look at your recipe!

Foster Dogs said...

Mmmmmm, sounds delicious! Here via Michele's!

Anonymous said...

That sounds delicious! My girls love french toast. I bet they'd love it even more on homemade bread...

Michele sent me this morning... just in time for breakfast! :)

BreadBox said...

The brioche made wonderful french toast --- and the recipe, while long and moderately involved, is really quite easy if you have a heavy duty mixer! Check out Baking with Julia: it is really a great book!

N.