Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Reading

Books, not the town.

I discovered yet again that it is possible to read a book from start to finish. In a matter of just a few days. Not as fast as once I would have (before sprogs that is), but still not too bad. If only I could continue the trend! I shall have to take the appropriate books to the beach with me in August.

On a related note, Boo and Skibo wanted me to read some of HP and the DH to them the other day, so I just started in mid paragraph: they seemed to like it, so LOML and I decided to try them on HP and the PS (actually HP and the SS, since the publisher decided that USians can't be trusted to understand "philosophers' stone", while they can be trusted to invent a meaning for "sorcerers' stone") (we have PS in paper, SS in hardback, but for some reason LOML started reading the hardback version).

This past evening I read them a few pages: the trek the Dursleys take trying to avoid the Hogwarts letters, then the events at the hut on the rock. It was nice to read a book which was not a picture book, that had a real narrative, for a change:-) Oh, and wasn't about Dora or Diego or Bob the Builder either! And the sprogs seemed to like it quite well --- they certainly wanted me to continue well past when I expected them to...

Yours, aloud,
N.

No comments: