Saturday, July 7, 2007

Empty house

There's something strange about coming home, expecting everyone to be there, ready to say "welcome home", only to discover that the house is empty. So when this happened this afternoon, I of course called LOML's cell phone, to find out where they were, and when they'd be back. But the phone just rang in another room --- left behind, another not-so-silent reminder.

They phoned a little later --- they had gone for a walk in a state park an hour or so from here, and were on their way home. And all was fine.

But it was still disconcerting.

Yours, off kilter,
N.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, personally I like an empty house & the peace it holds, though I suppose if I came home & all 3 of my kids (I'm a single parent) were not there & I didn't know why, I'd be frantic!
Here from Micheles today.

rashbre said...

...and don't you just hate it when the phones been left behind!

~A~ said...

That would be a little odd. I would be a little panicked because My Honey and I don't go anywhere with out our cells any more. Which I think is weird too because we've only had them for the last 7 years. I guess that's enough to make a habit.

Michele sent me tonight but I've enjoyed surfing around and looking at your recipes this week. Would you mind if I added you to my blog roll?

Happy weekend, ~A~

BreadBox said...

~a~: it was indeed a little odd --- but it was all okay. I try very hard not to panic until it is actually justified!

I'm glad that you've enjoyed the recipes --- I really ought to make sure that I tag entries properly when I create them, but that takes organization!
I'd be delighted to be added to your blogroll!

N.