Saturday, July 28, 2007

Party time

For some reason, it seems that the months of July through November are the birthday months for everyone except me --- Boo, Skibo, all of Boo and Skibo's friends, and LOML too (although adult birthdays don't really count in the grand scheme of things after sprogs, right?)

So today I duly carted Boo and Skibo off to I's 5th birthday party: they had put up a 12 or 15 foot water slide in their yard (apparently it was cheaper to buy this --- by a lot --- than to rent a somewhat bigger one, given the cost of liability insurance!) as well as a small wading pool, a bubble blowing machine, a wiggly-worm-sprinkler, water squirters, a tent, and other smaller things. Boo had a great time, I think, sliding down time after time, laughing her head off -- but Skibo just wanted to hold my hand the whole time: I guess that he was going through separation anxiety or something, but whatever it was, it was a pain.

I have to say that as much fun as it is to see the little ones having fun, I find these childrens' parties, birthday and otherwise, to be rather tedious. I'll be happy when they are a bit older and the parties are strictly drop-off only.

Still, that is a year or more away, certainly more than that with Skibo, mine limpet, limpet mine. And so, I await the coming birthday season with more than a little trepidation.

Yours, trepidatiously:-)
N.

No comments: