Friday, July 27, 2007

Dinner tonight

Dinner tonight, a reprise of the steamed pork buns of which I've written before.

I tried a new addition to the filling, though: it seemed to me that I needed a little more depth to the sweetness, a little more stickiness: so I added about a tablespoonful of molasses prior to thickening it with cornstarch and water.
As an idea, I think it was successful. And as always, it was nice to see the children eat it without having to press them too hard:-)

Yours, experimentally,
N.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I'll have to try the steamed pork buns sometime.

Come to my blog and check out the quick and easy recipes posted up there ( mostly desserts!)

BreadBox said...

The steamed buns are stunningly good -- I make roast pork every few weeks just so that I can make the steamed pork buns --- they are LOML's favourite dish, at least on some days!
N.