Saturday, September 29, 2007

Saturday night, recorded

Time was when I would have been sitting here, in front of the tv, waiting for the first new show of the season. Saturday Night Live was a great show, hilarious, before I used to watch it. When I started watching it, so I am told, it became insipid by comparison. And after watching it and laughing at it for years, each year thinking that it is less funny than the last, I think that I have figured it out. It used to be funny, it is funny, and it will be funny in the future.

And now, sitting here in front of the new season, it is pretty funny. At least the first sketch.

Even if I'm not recording it!

Yours, not in Kansas any more,
N.

1 comment:

awareness said...

Saturday night live is one of my favs......and like you have stated about the same thing. I havent watched it since last spring....will have to tune in again.

What are some of your fav skits? Did you ever see the Alec Baldwin Christmas skit when he is interview by the two NPR radio gals about his Christmas cooking?

Or.....Chris Farley as the motivation guy living in a van down by the river????

or.......Roseanne Rosanna Danna in anything.

Todd and Lisa Lubner.

Will Ferrel as the cheerleader.
Mike Myers as Dieter.


oh......its endless........and wonderful......just like butter.