Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Anvils in the sky

Stunning thunderstorms yesterday evening: enough to knock out the dsl and the satellite television signal for a half an hour or so. Beautiful flashes lighting up the sky, and the smell of ozone racing the thunderclaps. And rain. Unlike the situation in the UK, which sounds horrendous in places like Yorkshire, we are in near drought conditions here.
This morning was steamily humid: the drops of rain had still not evaporated from my car when I went to work --- at last the season of storms seems to be here!

Yours in nimbus,
N.

2 comments:

Bernie said...

We too are (some might say we still are) in a drought, but with recent rain (our main dam went from 37% to nearly 50% in 2 weeks) we are hopefully now out of it.
I love storms with lots of lightening and loud cracks of thunder, did you happen to get any pics? If so please post them...
Here from Michele's this fine Sydney afternoon...

BreadBox said...

Nope, no photographs, I'm afraid. Even my best photos are not so great, and I've never been able to manage a good photo of a storm. Now, on occasion I can get a good picture of a pre-storm, the peaks gathering angrily, stamping its feet like a child as the sky prepares to fall.

N.