Thursday, June 28, 2007

Christmas in July, nearly

It is very strange -- when I put the sprogs to bed, I let them each pick a story for me to read to them, then they get to request a song and a poem. Boo always asks for The Railroad Cat, by T.S. Eliot, and Skibo always wants Train Whistle Blowing, which is what they call Morningtown Ride. But tonight, Boo decided she wanted two extra songs: Away In A Manger and Silent Night. Not sure what this means, if anything. Except, it is really strange to sing Christmas carols in sweltering heat. And we don't even live in Australia!


Yours, antipodally,
N.

2 comments:

Melody said...

Hee hee...she must know something that we don't eh? Christmas in Australia is pretty good in the sweltering heat!!

Here from Michele today... Have a terrific weekend.

BreadBox said...

I must admit to liking my Christmases cold --- comes of growing up with them that way, I guess.

N