Thursday, June 7, 2007

Salmon in a bourbon marinade

Bought some nice looking salmon fillets at the megamart this afternoon: a friend of mine is in town and we are having him over for dinner tonight: I had thought of buying the pre-marinated fillets, but after glancing at the cost (more than three times as much, and it's the same salmon, farm raised: it's not as if it is wild!) I decided that I can do as well at home.

For the marinade, I threw together approximate quantities of bourbon, soy, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, vegetable oil, fresh ground black pepper: I removed the skin from the fillets with a sharp filleting knife, placed the fillets in the marinade in ziplock bags, in a bowl in the fridge for a couple of hours.

With it we're having corn on the cob (soaked for half an hour in cold water, thrown on the grill), asparagus (perhaps brushed with olive oil and grilled), and boiled new potatoes, skins on, in melted butter and mint. I'll let you know how it turns out!


N.

No comments: