Thursday, June 21, 2007

Overworked and underpaid, but going swimmingly

Well, don't we all feel that way? Actually, I am so fortunate in having a job that I love, especially during the summer, that when I work twice as hard at this time of year it still feels like fun. And, of course, then there are days like today, when I took off a little earlier than usual, and LOML and I took Boo and Skibo over to a swimming pool in the neighbourhood our friends live in, and swam for an hour or so (or rather, tried to get Boo and Skibo to swim). They are still not quite there: hopefully the lessons that they are signed up for next month will awaken them to the amazing possibilities open to them in the water! Miss K, who will teach them, is apparently an amazingly good swimming teacher, and since they know her from gymnastics, with luck they will be willing to learn.

N.

1 comment:

Cornish Dreamer said...

Swimming lessons are an amazing gift you can give children.

I know some people who've never swam before, and I can't imagine how that feels.

And you are very lucky that you enjoy your work.