Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sharing another musical find

Time to share my latest musical find. I say "mine" but really, of course, it is not: Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu has been a star in Australia for a little while now, and has opened for Elton John's concerts there, I am told.
I heard him featured on The World, a news program co-produced by the Beeb and Public Radio International --- every once in a while they have some really interesting music on the show: Gurrumul's voice was so amazing that I immediately googled him, and ordered the CD. Coming from Australia, it took a little while to arrive, but yesterday it finally got here: I've listened to it through perhaps half a dozen times since then. If you're looking for it, I found it at SkinnyFish Music.

Yours, entranced,
N.

No comments: