Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Opportunities for little children

We are very lucky, in the little town in which we live, to have a wonderful gymnastics club, with a super teacher who works with the smallest children, up through age 5.
And in nearby towns we have lots of other golden opportunities for little ones: Boo started dance classes last week, and we are planning for her and me to take piano lessons together sometime in the near future (probably the spring: this fall is looking just way too busy for me as well as for the rest of the family!)

Yesterday, Boo and Skibo started gymnastics classes again for the first time (with the exception of a few weeks in the summer) since Christmas: and while they are clearly a little rusty on some things, like how to do a donkey kick (which is apparently both a prototype handstand and cartwheel), they did wonderfully well: and were well behaved, polite, and listened to their instructors really well. What I want to know is where they put the real Boo and Skibo!

Yours, happy, but not smug,
N..

4 comments:

Bobkat said...

It's great that they ahve so many opportunities that are fun nearby. I always wanted to leaern a musical instrument but I still ahve never got around to it. It's on the list!

BreadBox said...

It really is wonderful: and the playgrounds are so much more impressive that when I was a kid, and, and, and,....
I'm really getting quite jealous:-)

N

MaR said...

It sounds wonderful for your kids. They are prone to show their best qualities when the parents aren't around :)
Hey, I found my way too!

Bernie said...

Hey there N...
Firstly, I use to be a Gymnastics Instructor, when not training myself. I was on the State team for tumbling and on the National team for Trampoline! Although I only taught kids from (generally) 8-9 up in an elite class, Kiddigym was just starting and the kids LOVED it!!! I hope that enjoy it!!

Also, my photos... I have recently purchased a Canon 400D Twin lens camera kit (18-55 & 75-300). I took all of the city shots on f8 on AV setting, and let the camera sort out what shutter speed iT was going to use. As to the lunar eclips, I used my long lens, with a x2 teleconverter (effectivly double the lens length) on 1600ISO (still on f8, although I did play around somewhat with it)! Whilst I took nearly 100 shots on the night, this on and one other which had a 737 plane fly through, thanks Sydeney airport...) turned out the best, oh, thanks to Photoshop of course...

Hope this helps, and good luck for the kids!!