Wednesday, August 29, 2007

And so it gets hectic

As everyone else with smallish children told us before we had kids ourselves, at the age when they change from toddlers to children, things suddenly get hectic. This past few weeks, Skibo turned 3, they both went back to school, they both went back to gymnastics, and Boo started dance classes.
Today seems to be typical: the morning was just an ordinary day, but the afternoon: first, Skibo had a doctors appointment, so LOML took him --- I looked after Boo, and made dinner, got her cleaned and dressed and ready to go off to her dance class: LOML got home twenty minutes before it was time to leave for the dance class: Boo expressed an interest in having LOML take her, so I stayed at home with Skibo and tried to get him to eat.

And I gather things get more hectic still each year as they get older.
(Reading back over the day it doesn't read as hectic as it seemed -- oh well. It felt hectic to us!)

Yours, exhausted, and it isn't even 7pm,
N.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It can get insane and we don't even do that much. I try to limit what the kids do and just do it to the fullest. I have girls who are in my troop, not only do they come to scout meetings, they do the current sport, and have dance, swim, piano lessons on top of it.

Those girls are exhausted and don't seem to be having much fun or interest in anything.

So I told the kids that I wouldn't be one of those parents who are never home to cook because she's too busy driving around from place to place. We do scouts year round, we hike year round. I would like to throw in a music lesson but that's up to them. They'll tell me when they're ready. Button wants to learn to play a tenor drum, but she spaced out on the 5th grade percussion audition last spring, so I guess she didn't want it bad enough. :) I think if she wants to do she'll ask Mr. E, if there is any room left once school starts.

Oh, Button does do the after school drama, that lasts 6 weeks. The other kids may want to do it this year, but we'll see. I'm so no pressure when it comes to the extras because we do so much at home.