Saturday, September 12, 2009

Unruined dinner

It was a narrow miss. And it set dinner back a good half an hour.
I put on some brown rice for dinner, ran to the store, only to discover on my return that I'd left the rice boiling instead of simmering. I picked up the lid to stir and add some boiling water (in the hope of not ruining it), only to discover that the handle was metal (it was not the usual lid I use) and hot. And when dropped, shattered into thousands of small pieces, thankfully of safety glass rather than tiny daggers.
Mess though it was, and as annoying as it was, I managed to recover the dinner. Not brown rice, but basmati, and everything was a little later than intended, but it all worked out.

Yours, shattered,
N.

1 comment:

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Ouch! Still, I hope your hand is OK after that.