Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Labor Day

Hmmm... I started out writing "yes, I spelled it that way", thought "that sounds familiar", and checked yesterday's post.
Oh well, so I repeat myself. Oh well, so I repeat myself.
We're a right to work state, which means that the state has the right to make us work even on Labor Day. And so we labour on.

In honor of labor day I returned home less than eight hours into the working day. Quite a pleasant change from normality on a Monday. I'd thought about possibly baking another batch of bread today, to make it four days in a row for the first time in ages, but didn't have the energy yesterday to get it started. It'll wait, and we have enough to last a day or two anyway.

In honour of the day, I listened to music while preparing lectures: I settled on Phil Ochs singing about Joe Hill, Joan Baez singing about Joe Hill, and then a mix of Ochs and Billy Bragg singing about unions and the working class.

Yours, celebrating in a right to work state,
N.

No comments: