Monday, June 23, 2008

Pasta primavera

It being just summer, of course it is time to have "spring pasta".
Actually, it's probably got a completely different name, but I think of it as a light, spring-like dish: mainly tomatoes, basil and pasta. I also used a little onion and garlic for depth, and simmered half of the seeded tomatoes to produce a bit of a sauce, then threw in the remaining tomatoes near the end with a bunch of chiffonade-ed basil and some fresh thyme, salt and pepper. I topped the whole thing off with some toasted pine nuts, and it was a lovely light supper for a summer evening.
LOML is not a fan of(read: detests) olives, so I left them out: I pitted a bunch of them and sprinkled them in my plate to give a little meatiness to an otherwise vegetarian dish.... in fact, vegan, given that we forgot the parmesan cheese!

Yours, spring-like in summer,
N.

No comments: