Thursday, June 19, 2008

the basement

Our house is not large --- although, by UK standards, neither is it small --- it has essentially only two bedrooms (there is another room which can serve that way, but the way the house is set up makes it not really work).
We do, however, have a reasonably large basement: unfortunately, there is no way to get there without going outside the house, it is rather damp and dark, and it is not finished. We harbour hopes that at some time we can finish it, put in stairs inside, and make it nice: today we took the first steps --- removing much of the trash that has been stored down there, half of it by us, and half by those who lived here before us.
I made food: LOML and our friends carried out the junk. I definitely got the nice end of the deal.

Yours, mustily,
N.

2 comments:

Can Bass 1 said...

You're lucky. You should try LIVING in a reasonably large basement. The addition of the word 'flat' makes it no less gloomy.

BreadBox said...

Ah, but I have, I have. LOML and the kids and I lived in a reasonably small basement for months last year. It was dark. It was miserable. I loved it, since I had my mathematics.
LOML and the children hated it....

N.