Monday, June 16, 2008

Al Gore endorses Obama

I'm a big Al Gore fan: I still think that the past eight years would have been very different, much better than they have been under Bush. We might still have been attacked on 9/11 --- though Gore would be much less likely to have ignored a Clinton-era security expert than Bush, and might have actually read "Bin Laden determined to attack US" instead of "My pet goat".
I think it hugely unlikely that he'd have invaded Iraq, more than likely that he'd have pushed technology changes in fuel use, and as a result we'd probably be paying less per mile that we travel.

Gore endorsed Obama this evening: and it was a speech full of meaning and gestures, full of intent and promise: but at the same time, I ended up disappointed: I felt that Gore could have done better. But then the stations all pulled away after he was done, going to regular programming rather than showing Obama's speech afterwards, thereby saving Gore the (probably) unfavourable comparisons.

Some are talking about Gore as VP: I think that it could be an inspired appointment.

Yours, feeling like we all need to be Gore-d,
N.

No comments: