Tuesday, October 23, 2007

They call it fall because that's when the leaves turn

Wait, that doesn't make sense.
Anyway: the leaves have only just started to turn colour this week or so, and since we had an incredibly late harsh frost, and incredibly hot drought conditions through most of the summer, the predictions are that the season for vivid colours will be short and not particularly good.

Such is life --- if I can't post a picture of the leaves turning on the trees, at least I can present a fallen beauty. This was lying on the ground in a parking lot last Friday, and I had to pick it up and save it!

Yours, turning,
N.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did well to save it. One of best gifts of nature!

Michele sent me here to duly admire that leaf.

Cornish Dreamer said...

A wonderful leaf N, and a wonderful photograph of it. It was only until last week that I found out exactly how and why the leaves change colour, something that was actually quite interesting.

RT

kenju said...

Except for the shape of it, it reminds me of the croton leaves on my porch plant. We have so little color here it is disappointing.