Thursday, October 18, 2007

I wouldn't have voted for him

I couldn't conceive of voting for Sam Brownback, and even though he was visiting the area next week, wouldn't even have gone to see him. But I am sorry that he has dropped out of the Republican race for Resident of the White House.
I disagree wholeheartedly with almost everything he believes in, I suspect, but I do believe that he has some integrity. I am not sure that I feel the same way about any of the frontrunners in that race.

It's funny --- my parents were completely bemused by the fact that the election isn't until November. Next year. And yet the races are in full swing --- whereas in the UK an election is announced, campaigns happen, the votes are counted, and winners sworn in, all in about a month.

Yours, enjoying the spectator aspects of the race,
N.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

An election is a circus in India too. All kind of circus.

smiling at the thought...:)

Michele sent me here to think about the pantomime known as election.

Bobkat said...

Oh yes, it's all over quite quickly here in the UK. Of course we haev local elections and the political parties themselves have their own internal votes, expecially for leadership, but this is all separate to the 'big' election of Prime Minister.

I think many people outside the US are watching to see what happens next. it affects us all outside too.

Mike Davis said...

Integrity you say? What is that?

Hi from Michele ;)

Bernie said...

Ah yes, and as in the UK, that is the way it is done here in Australia as well...

Last Sunday, PM Howard called the election (24/11 when we are in NZ, so it will have to be a postal vote) and already it is chaos!!!

Here from Michele's (even though Mike got in at the same time, I thought I would still stop by...)

burntofferings and more at bernies fotoblog.