Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Playing catch-up

Having missed two days of work this week, I played catch up this morning.  This was made quadruply more difficult given that I had to leave this afternoon for a trip: I'm playing grown-up-academic for two days, helping a program with a self-assessment exercise.  I've never done this sort of thing before and am consequently a little nervous about it. 
This evening a group of us went out for dinner: the two external evaluators, some internal folks, and a half dozen people from the department.  Great food --- Indian, which I don't get anything like enough of at home, unless I make it -- and stimulating conversation, much of it about the department, where it is, where it needs to be, how it is served by the IT group, etc. 
And so now, to bed, with reading material for tomorrow.

Yours, not ready to play grown-up, but forcing myself to play ready to play grown-up,
N.

No comments: