Thursday, August 7, 2008

Two days

Another day down, two more to go.
I'm now essentially on vacation until we get back from the beach: spent much of the day in the kitchen, avoiding cooking for tomorrow's party: I threw some brioche dough together (we're taking it to the beach frozen, so that I can make dessert pizza for Skibo's birthday) and made some chicken and bean soup (we have friends who've been suffering through his having therapy for a stroke: they come back into town on Monday, and need all the support that they can get: he's not doing well, unfortunately --- so we're leaving them soup to thaw and eat).
Tomorrow, it will be a case of cooking like crazy, but that's always the way that I handle these events: I can't get around to cooking until it's actually necessary to do so!

Yours, warming up for the main event,
N.

No comments: