Saturday, August 30, 2008

Distressing

I'd rather blog about lighter things. Really, I would. Bread, or rediscovering colleagues I haven't seen in 5 or 10 years. But I can't. Not when I'm spending my whole time reading political stuff. And especially when I read things like this, this, this and this.
Note for those unfamiliar with US geography (and for some foreign readers too): St Paul is a "twin city" with Minneapolis: so police raiding homes there might signify worries about the safety of the republican convention. On the other hand, being detained for asking to see a warrant is beyond the realm of most people's expectation.

Updated: what I'm reading here suggests that there is not a lot of exaggeration going on....

Yours, hoping this is exaggerated, and that we are not this much of a police state,
N.

No comments: