Friday, August 8, 2008

I could'a live-blogged it

I would have live blogged the opening ceremonies, with suitably witty remarks, such as "Sarkozy is the spitting image of Rowan Atkinson", and other nice remarks.

IF.ONLY.THEY.HAD.SHOWED.IT.LIVE.

Mind you, my snarkometer this evening is high enough that you probably don't want to hear what I think of things. Especially the NBC "recorded live" commentary. For the record, the only thing that I'll say, is the following: (non NBC commentators please ignore) there are similarities between tai chi and karate. There are also similarities between tai chi and croquet. In fact, there are similarities between tai chi and crumpets. If you want to make the comments you made, perhaps you could compare tai chi to kung fu, instead. But by preference, just shut the f' up.


The commentary here in the US has been uniformly dreadful: Awareness claims to have learned much about other countries, watching the ceremonies live in Canada: I can truly claim to have learned much about our commentators this evening: primarily that they are worse than they have ever been, and that they know less about other countries than one might expect. For example, I am sure that I heard Cape Verde referred to as "Cape Vurd".

Yours, in anticipation of Vurs coverage,
N.

No comments: