Monday, August 6, 2007

Less than a week

The anticipation builds: this time next week we'll have woken up at the beach, perhaps even already been down for a pre-breakfast run through the waves, and will be sitting on the deck, looking out over the ocean.
I won't have woken up at seven thirty, sworn, and rushed out of bed to get out of the door.
Of course, we will all be exhausted from the weekend's activities: Skibo's birthday on Saturday, then Boo's best friend M's birthday on Sunday, which finishes at around 3:30pm: we pile into the car and immediately drive about 5 hours down to the beach. Of course, if it weren't for M's birthday we'd be going down much earlier in the day, get another several hours in down there, but that is not to be.

Yours, counting the days,
N.

2 comments:

Anne said...

It's a great feeling to know you'll be on vacation soon. I've already been so I'm envious!

Thanks for commenting on my blog last week (about my kitchen), I'm not getting uba tuba granite, but forest green quartz. It's funny you have that, my neighbor picked that one out!

BreadBox said...

Anne: we went back and forth between uba tuba and forest green quartz... we painted the walls a yellow-gold, and decided that it went better with the darker countertops. We are really delighted with the granite though!
N.