Thursday, August 2, 2007

Cheese please?

I know. I keep threatening. But today, I really feel that the cheese making stars may all be aligned.

LOML is in an all day meeting, so the sprogs are hanging out with our friend L: who is almost certainly making sure that they have an amazingly wonderful time. And when I am done for the day (around 1) I have to pick them up, and so I have the joy of playing with them all afternoon.
Now, other than making birthday cards for LOML for tomorrow, I don't have much Frogwarty stuff on the agenda: so let's insert the cheesemaking experiment, and the pasta making experience. That should get the children good and messy, and at the same time, make dinner! Oh, and save me from the cries of "I want television..."

Yours, in anticipastation,
N.

2 comments:

Carli N. Wendell said...

I've never made cheese, but it sounds like fun. I've always wanted to try Alton Brown's yogurt recipe.

BTW, you can link up to a Devil Dogs site by clicking Devil Dogs in the post on my blog. I put it there, knowing people outside of the Northeast would need to know what they were!
Regional treats rule!

BreadBox said...

Carli,
I already googled the devil dogs: I must say that for me they don't look that interesting: but then I didn't grow up with them!
I've never made cheese either --- I ordered the kit from a new england company and it arrived this week: so I'm experimenting! Check here for updates:-)
N.