Thursday, August 2, 2007

Arthurian legends proven true

This afternoon, I arrived home to discover a package on the doorstep: it was the yeast and brotpicks from King Arthur. So in the end, I ordered on Tuesday, they shipped on Friday, it spent Sunday-Tuesday in storage two hours from here: from there it went north a couple of hours, then back in this direction, and finally arrived. I could certainly wish that they would shave a little off the time: ship on Wednesday instead of Friday, perhaps: cut out the storage at the "sortation center": but that said, it is here. And in time.

Yours, delivered,
N.

4 comments:

Olyal said...

What's a brotpick? And what are you going to do with them? Michele sent me.

Judy said...

Your pasta sounds yummy... and making the cheese.. you made it sound almost easy (key word being almost) :-) I think I'll stick with making bread. lol

BreadBox said...

Yaeli: a brotpick is a danish bread whisk: the two I got today are mini-versions of the one I already own: they are so that I can get the children involved in making bread by hand with their own tools.

Judy: the cheese, well the mozzarella at least, was actually really quite easy. The hardest part was ordering the ingredients online! And the whey, the run-off from the cheese, essentially, is great for making bread with!

N.

kenju said...

I've never heard of a brotpick before - so thanks for defining it.

That green bread box has been on my mind all day long! Too bad I don't have $395 to bid on it!

Michele sent me.