Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Tripping the flight fantastic

Just booked my next flights.  I get to stay home for over a month before the next trip.  And it's back to San Francisco --- or more accurately, San Mateo, south of SF by a few miles.  The hotel I'm booked into looks stunning, in a very modern sort of way, and I think that the conference --- on education and technology -- will be very interesting.  Hopefully I'm ready to travel again by then!
I feel bad for LOML and the children, my travelling so much, and also for my students: it is always disruptive to have a substitute teach a class.  But needs must, and all.  Two trips in February, two in March, and as far as I know, that's it for this semester.  But still, that's a lot of hugs to children not given, and a lot of classes missed.

I still haven't recovered my wanderlust, my love of travel --- and after last week, it may take a trip to a luxury hotel with no flight snafus --- self-imposed or otherwise --- to even start to get me back on track. 

Yours, flipping the trite fantastic,
N.

No comments: