Sunday, February 27, 2011

Watching the oscars

I was struck by the fact that the film I most wanted to watch was the big winner.  I was impressed by the clips of some of the other winners, notably Christian Bale (and by his acceptance speech, which seemed particularly genuine -- and since he forgot his wife's name, potentially embarrassing for him) but nonetheless, as a non-movie-goer-in-general, the one I most want to go and see is The King's Speech.

On the other hand, I was equally struck by the fact that when they were announcing the nominees for best picture, they had video of all the pictures, but the voiceover was Colin Firth from The King's Speech.  It struck me as just a little unfair --- almost enough to root for another movie!

Yours, wishing congratulations to the winners,
N.

No comments: