Monday, January 7, 2008

Pizza tonight

No photos --- didn't think to take any until it was all gone.
It was pretty good. In the very positive sense of that phrase.
Keys to good pizza:
1. don't overload with ingredients: less is less, but more is worse
b) preheat the oven, with stones in place, for a good while, as high as you can
(iii) make the dough ahead of time, and let it rest in the fridge for a couple of days, so that it is elastic to pull/roll out, and the flavour has time to develop


I made pesto/mozarella cheese/roma tomatoes pizza as the base, with some olives sprinkled on for some of us, topped with parmesan. It was, how do I put this, "no-leftovers-pizza". Unfortunately, since last week's pizza was great the next day....

Yours, slicing and dicing with the best of them,
N.

2 comments:

Joke said...

As re. REALLY heating the pizza stone, I set my oven on the self clean cycle, so it gets to about 800F.

-J.

Anonymous said...

What recipe do you use? I've tried a few and they all seem to turn out too puffy. Not bad, but more puff than I care for. It could be the yeast too. I'm still using that instant instead of active. I don't have the heart to throw it out.