Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Freezer burn

I burned my fingers this evening. On the freezer. Yes, and I do mean burned. As in with heat.
Who would have thought it? It turns out that in the icemaker in our relatively-new freezer -- 2005, I think it was that we bought it -- has a very hot, very very very hot piece of metal in it. I am guessing that it is there to cut through ice cubes so that they will pop out nicely -- that or the freezer is malfunctioning, and big time!
And I discovered this piece of hot metal by touching it with two fingers, and swearing loudly as a result.


Fortunately this time Boo and Skibo were in bed, and so they didn't risk learning any new phrases from this adventure.

Yours, burned,
N.

5 comments:

Cornish Dreamer said...

Ouch! Poor you. Hope your fingers get better soon. RT

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Ouch!

bigbucketgirl said...

Oooh! i was thinking you meant burned like cold burned..like when my husbands lip stuck to the ice cream box when he tried to lick it. He thought he was being clever. He wasn't. He lost skin!
Hope your fingers mend soon.

Anonymous said...

the exact same thing just happened to me today and i wanted to know how u treated it?

BreadBox said...

I think that I probably put ice on it for a minute, then applied some honey to it and a bandaid.
Hope that this helps!