Monday, January 21, 2008

Just desserts

I finally made the dessert pizza I've been threatening --- following a suggestion by Joke, I settled on toppings of raspberry coulis (a quarter cup of water, a quarter cup of sugar, a 12 ounce bag of frozen raspberries, this not being the season for fresh --- simmered for ten minutes or so, then blended with a stick blender and sent through a coarse sieve) and drizzled white chocolate, to mimic tomato sauce and cheese.
Photos will follow at some point, and you can judge for yourselves, but I think I did a pretty good job of making it look like a pizza.
As for flavour, the brioche was superb, light, delicate and delectable: the toppings matched well together and with the crust, and at one point near-orgasmic moans were being elicited from all the adults eating it. Who also insisted that the children only be allowed tiny slivers, and no seconds!

I don't think that I've ever before had a reaction quite like it!

Yours, chuffed,
N.

4 comments:

Flowerpot said...

well what was the reaction?!!

BreadBox said...

FP: I meant that the reaction I got from the other people eating it --- adults trying to stifle moans (think Sally in "When Harry Met Sally"!), and insisting that children not be allowed any of the dessert....

Cornish Dreamer said...

That sounds lovely! I can't wait to see the photographs...I love raspberry coulis. Mmmm, even better with white chocolate!

Joke said...

(Let me try this again)

Yay! Good!

I also have had success with dessert ravioli.

-J.