Friday, January 4, 2008

Origami

I have been in discussions with the organizers of Boo and Skibo's school's fundraising gala: they have an asian theme planned, and asked if I would be willing to provide some origami pieces for them. I have, of course, agreed, with the proviso that they should come rather from the origami club which I lead (at the same school) instead of coming from me.
A few days ago, I was surprised by an additional request: they decided that it would be nice to send out invitations, 250 or so of them, each with a piece of origami on it, by the end of the month: would I do it?
I'm not one to shy away from a challenge. And today, the origami club met. And we folded nearly forty doves. It's a simple, clean fold, relatively easy to do well, and fast to fold. And doves are the symbols of peace, a central theme in the school.
I think that this is going to work!


Yours, beating back challenges left and right,
N.