Sunday, February 10, 2008

Mr Fry blogs. On open source

A stray column on a blog I read (one rather better known, I suspect, than almost all the others I read put together) (it's eschaton, atrios's blog) noted that Stephen Fry has a blog.
Now, there is only one Stephen Fry: at least as far as I am concerned: he is the man to whom Emma Thompson turned in Peter's Friends and said "Fill me with your little babies!"; Blackadder's Duke, General, and nemesis all those years.

I watched Fry and others in Footlights a year or two ago (here a year or two should be read as a decade or seventythruvizx): if pressed, I could probably still recreate a bad joke or none from the revue. Needless to say, I'm a fan. Even of his books, which are merely hilariously funny.

And I go to read said blog, only to discover that he has the same proclivities as I, that is to say, he's a linux and open source bigot!

Oh my. I now have two things in common with Mr. Fry! Does this mean that I have a chance to become a success in the future too?

Yours, aspiring,
N.

2 comments:

Cornish Dreamer said...

I didn't know that Stephen Fry had a blog. I'm quite a fan myself, so I must pop on over and check it out!

RT

p.s. haven't spoken to RT's grandmother yet, but I haven't forgotten ;@)

awareness said...

Jeeves!

Will check out his blog and site.

He's a very funny man....
in all his complicated pemutations.