Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Children change so quickly

So Boo will be five later this year, and Skibo will be three in August --- and both are going through the sorts of developments that amaze, amuse and astonish. And as astounding as they are, often they dismay too.

Boo, for example, has taken to sullen pouting when she can't have her way right now: yesterday she protested loudly "You make me sad! You make me mad! You make me want to cry! You make me want to die!" Which would have probably been even more disturbing if she hadn't chosen to recite it in verse:-)

As Peggy Seeger put it in her song "Different Tunes",
"Where's the girl,
the child I had,
the daughter like a morning star?"

Skibo, on the other hand, could change one thing right now, as far as I am concerned: his dependence on his pacifier --- it is bad enough that he needs it at bedtime, but when he uses it during the day it's even worse. And then he puts it somewhere and it cannot be found for twenty minutes... I bought two more this afternoon in the hope that this will encourage the hiding ones to come out of their hiding places and be found....

N.

No comments: