Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A day without thought

leads to a day without blogging.
I feel singularly uninspired this evening, uninspired to post anything. But for the sake of the exercise, I'll try.

I decided a few weeks ago that I needed more lyrical French music in my life --- I've been singing M'sieur le President to Boo and Skibo every night for ages, and want to be able to vary the repertoire for them: when Szarkozy was visiting the UK a few weeks ago I heard a snippet of a song by his wife, Carla Bruni, and it sounded intriguing. So I ordered the cd --- it's pretty good, and growing on me: definitely lyrical, and gentle, though I haven't translated the lyrics yet (in fact, I haven't managed to figure out what she's singing most of the time!)

LOML's parents leave for the UK tomorrow: on the whole it's been a nice visit, but it has been somewhat stressful: especially since the children have been really mean to them on occasion: but hopefully with time the memories of meanness will fade and the niceness prevail. And they'll want to come visit us again.
Mind you, it's going to be nice to get our bathroom back!

Yours, feeling like I'm just phoning it in,
N.

No comments: