Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Bowling

I don't bowl. I have done so some indeterminate number of times in my history, probably fewer than 5. And the one time of which I have a clear memory, I probably bowled as badly as Barack Obama did a few days ago.
He and I share a secret, you see: in addition to our ages (the same for much of the year): our politics (okay, he's a mite more successful than me!) and the like, we are both left handers. And probably, like me, nobody bothered to mention to him that balls have a handed-ness, and if you just pick one up from the return, it will almost surely be a righthanded ball.

C'mon, choosing a president you'd want to go bowling with (or worse, one you'd want to have on your bowling team) is an awful way to pick a leader. It's right up there with "who do you want to have a beer with?" answered, apparently by a majority in 2000, GWB. In spite of the fact that Bush had apparently been teetotal for years.

Pshaw.

Yours, looking for a president to go talking with, perhaps....
N.

4 comments:

Paul Nichols said...

John McCain is left-handed. Try him.

I still get a kick out of the way you end all your blogs.

BreadBox said...

Oh, I'd happily sit down to talk with Obama. Happily have a beer or a glass of wine too.
Not sure that I could handle McCain's temper.

N.

Joke said...

Me, I'm just waiting for the day McCain finally snaps for real and starts chasing someone with gardening equipment.

-J.

BreadBox said...

Ah yes: John McCain, and his own special "garden variety" version of the "hoe" problem.....

N.