Friday, April 4, 2008

John McCain's three am ad

I just got my first chance to see John McCain's version of the "It's 3 a.m. Do you know where your president is?" advertisement. And while I know what the ad is about (how his version of "continue the Bush economic strategy" is the way to solve the mess we're in as a result of following Bush's economic strategeries) I found it hard to focus on that.
All I could focus on was the picture of his face. A big brother-esque shot of his head, chin proudly forward. All I could think of was
This is not your father's presidential candidate.
This is your great grandfather's goitre's presidential candidate!

Yours, still freaked out by the image,
N.

1 comment:

awareness said...

I'm with you on this....too freaky to consider.

Hope the meds kicked in and you're feeling chipper again. Wasn't it BRUTAL? I couldn't believe how quickly it hit and how hard. It was so tiring too.