Sunday, March 16, 2008

Origami

The school's fundraiser was yesterday evening, and as I may have mentioned twice (or more) over the past week or three, I spent a lot of time folding cranes, dodecahedral balls, masu boxes, dragons, elephants, etc.
LOML and I didn't go to the banquet: we couldn't afford the cost of the tickets, and felt that we had done our part helping out. Certainly if I charged a couple of bucks a piece for the origami it would have come to a lot more than the ticket price.
I had, however, hoped that I might have heard from the organizers today: perhaps they might have emailed a thank-you note, or possibly a photograph of the thirty tables, all with multiple pieces of origami placed on them.
Yes, they could have mailed a thank you. No, they haven't yet done so.
Maybe, maybe I'm peeved.

Yours, not holding my breath,
N.

No comments: