Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Coleslaw

LOML's cabbages have come up nicely in the garden, and so yesterday we had an asian chicken and cabbage salad -- Nigella's recipe --- which we have had many times and always end up saying "How come we always forget how much we like this?" And since there was well over half a head of cabbage left over, I decided to make a coleslaw: a few years ago I stumbled upon a recipe which I loved (I thought that it was in one of our cookbooks, but since we have several hundred cookbooks, I've been unable to figure out which recipe it was!)
It was a mayonnaise-free recipe: I am not a fan of creamy coleslaw -- I want it to bite back, so to speak. I finally found one on the web to try: as it turned out, LOML loved it, but I found it rather sweet. After I tinker with the sweetness/acidity levels and get it to one that I like, I'll post it. It definitely showed promise: it's just not quite there yet.

Yours, tartly, if a trifle over sweet,
N.

1 comment:

Cornish Dreamer said...

Mm, I love coleslaw but have never ventured to make it myself. I can't wait for the recipe and give it a go!