Saturday, January 12, 2008

On the political front

zilch.
nothing.
na.da.

I had thought that the candidates of one party or another might have made their way to my neck of the weeds, but other than Edwards (see a couple of days ago) nobody seems even to be planning trips in this direction. Not that I particularly care to see the Republican candidates, though if they were within twenty miles or so I might waste the gas to see them.
The closest other visit so far seems to have been Huckabee, who was about 80 miles away a few days ago: a friend of mine knows a musician whose band was asked to play with him (Huckabee likes to get up and jam with rock and roll bands): he reported that the band members are all planning to vote for the Democratic ticket in November, but they figured that this was great publicity for their music. He thought about turning up in hopes of being interviewed
--- "Me? I can't imagine anything that would make me vote for him or any of the other Republican candidates! I'm just here for the music!"

Yours, slighted,
N.

No comments: