Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Iowa, then New Hampshire, then...

I am now in full on political watching mode: it begins tomorrow evening when Iowans meet in the most anti-democratic process in the country (excluding thousands, perhaps more, of the poor, those with night shifts, those with relatives who need care, those with small children who can't find babysitters, troops overseas, etc) to annoint who are going to be the candidates to continue to the next round.
I am not predicting, but I am hoping that on the democratic side it is Edwards who comes in first. I have been less than impressed with Clinton and with Obama over the past few weeks, although I'd wholeheartedly support them over the entire republican field in the general election.

But for now, this is Edwards' last shot this time round: if he wins tomorrow, he gets a chance to impress New Hampshire in a week, and to stay in the race. It could get him heard, it could get him reported on, talked about, and noticed by the voters who've been ignoring him in favour of Clinton and Obama.

On the opposing side of the aisle, I'm reluctant to hope for any of them to win tomorrow --- it will only encourage them, or someone else!

Yours, crossing fingers,
N.

1 comment:

Cornish Dreamer said...

And so it begins...

I have to say it seems to be an awfully slow process,but I guess putting someone in that much power: there would have to be a slow process.

It will be interesting to see how things go.